This Orientation page has been developed to provide all students and families new to Temple Christian College with information that will greatly assist with the transition into a new school.
Preparing for Life at Temple Christian College
On behalf of all the team at Temple Christian College we’d like to extend a warm welcome and trust that you find this information of value and ask that you do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional questions.
Prior to commencing at Temple Christian College, students must obtain the correct school uniform, stationery, books and resources relevant to their year level. All the necessary enrolment information and consent forms must also be filled in and returned.
Orientation Day is a special event developed for all students entering Temple Christian College at the start of the 2024 school year for Year 7.
Our next Orientation Day for the Paralowie Campus will be held at the school on Wednesday 1 November, 2023 and will feature a program for students and a presentation and morning tea for parents/caregivers as per the details below.
We ask that all parents and students gather in front of Temple Christian College’s Performing Arts & Media Centre (West Wing) by 8.40am, where students will be issued with their name tags and taken to the Diverse Learning Hub. We ask that families do not bring school-age children, unless they are the student attending Orientation Day.
For Students – Orientation Program
Duration - 8.40am to 11.30am
- Open to all students entering Temple Christian College in 2024 for Year 7.
- Morning Tea willl be provided to all students during the program.
- Students are expected to wear their current school’s sport, PE uniform.
For Parents/Caregivers – Welcome Information Session
Duration 8.40am to 11.30am
- Parents/Caregivers will gather with their children in front of Temple Christian College’s Performing Arts & Media Centre (West Wing) by 8.40am
- The Orientation welcome session for parents/caregivers held in the Recital Room (W1) will provide an introduction for new families joining the Temple Christian College community in 2024 along with an opportunity for further connection over a complimentary morning tea.
A copy of the Orientation Day program and other supportive material as sent to families/students attending can be viewed below:
Orientation Day Support Material:
In addition to our Orientation Day program, we trust that all new students and families will gain valuable knowledge from the resources presented via the tabs below.
Completing the necessary forms
Prior to commencing at Temple Christian College, all new students will be issued with a New Student Enrolment Pack that will contain all of the necessary information and forms that need to be completed. This pack will collect all the permissions and other relevant information that will need to be kept on file for your child/ren attending the school.
Families with student commencing Term 1 in 2024 will be issued with this information pack by early November 2023 and will be required to complete and return all forms to the school by the due date marked, so that preparations can be finalised.
Obtaining the Year Level Book requirements
Books and other resources are not purchased through the school.
A booklist relevant to the year level of your child/ren is provided within the New Student Enrolment pack and you can purchase the necessary items from either the supplier that produces the booklist (Campion) or through other suppliers of your choice.
Please note: It is important that all students obtain the necessary books as identified within this list prior to the commencement of the new school year either through Campion or other providers.
Obtaining the official School Uniform
All students are required to commence their first day at Temple Christian College wearing the formal school uniform.
Students commencing in Term 1 will be required to wear the formal summer uniform.
The Uniform Campus website page features extensive information along with the current Uniform Price List, Guidelines, Policy and Uniform Shop trading days and times.
Personal fitting appointments can be arranged via the online booking system.
Day 1 program for Monday 29th January 2024:
- The school day starts at 8:30. Students should arrive at school by 8.25am in their formal Temple Christian College Summer Uniform. The Jumper or Blazer are not compulsory for the summer uniform but can be worn if desired.
- A school hat is required for Terms 1 & 4 and students must ensure that they have their hat with them on the first day of school
- Students will assemble at the Bethany Christian School Performing Arts Centre where the morning will begin with an assembly for all students.
- Once assembled, students will receive their timetable, be placed within their Care Groups and receive any other relevant information for their start at Temple.
- School Lockers will be issued during the first week of school.
- The first school day will conclude at normal finish time - 3pm.
Reporting Absences and or Late Arrivals
Parents/guardians must advise the school via the Reporting Absences and or Late Arrivals process as outlined within the Orientation Guide and on the Campus website if the student is going to be absent or late on the first day of 2024.
For new students commencing during the school year
- Students should arrive by 8:25 wearing their formal uniform (Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4 and Winter Uniform in Terms 2 & 3).
- They will be directed to the Student Services Office where they will be issued with their Lesson Timetable and issued a locker, and be helped to settle in by one of the SSO staff.