Based on the number of students wishing to travel to and from the school via a private bus, Temple Christian College Mile End Campus coordinates private bus transportation via northern, southern and hills routes. Access to this bus service is available via pre-paid ticketing per term across for the full year, operating daily during school term dates.
2024 PRIVATE SCHOOL BUS SERVICE
Given the importance of providing students with viable private access to the Mile End Campus, Temple Christian College is pleased to be able to continue to offer a private school bus service for 2024. As this service is substantially subsidised by the school, it has become necessary to introduce some changes to how we administer this private school bus service.
It is important that all families who are considering this service are familiar with the changes which are taking place from 2024 onwards.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVATE SCHOOL BUS SERVICE FOR 2024
Introduction to a pre-paid ticket system
- From 2024 onwards, this service will be a prepaid service requiring families to pre-purchase a ticket for each term prior to the commencement of the term as by the due dates necessary, in order to use the service.
- The term ticket is a non-refundable, non-transferable ticket.
- Seats on each bus service are limited.
- To ensure that your child has secured a seat on the bus you will need to pre-purchase a terms ticket by the due dates below for 2024.
- All students travelling on the private bus services will need to adhere to Condition for use of Private Bus Service as outlined within the document below and the Conditions for Student Travel as outlined within the Parent/Student Handbook available via SEQTA Learn & Engage.
Pre-paid Return Ticket Purchase Price & Due dates
The table below outlines the per term ticket prices and due dates necessary for the 2024 school year.
Reminder: To ensure that your child has secured a seat on the bus you will need to pre-purchase a terms ticket by the due dates. Tickets will be available to be pre-purchased online as per the link below early in October.
Bus Services Available
Times: AM - 7.40am to 8.18am then PM - 3.15pm to 3.51pm
Route: Starts at Sunrise Christian School Paradise and works its way down Lower North East Road to Payneham Road through to TCC Mile End.
Times: AM - 7.05am to 8.20am to PM - 3.15pm to 4.16pm
Route: Starts at Sunrise Christian School Morphett Vale, via Pimpala Road Old Reynella through Regency Road and Chandlers Hill Road Happy Valley, through Homestead Drive Aberfoyle Park to Black Road Flagstaff Hill and down Marion Rd to TCC Mile End.
Times: Morning Service Only - AM - 7.15am to 8.15am
Route: Starts at Mt Barker Anembo Park down to Crafers Park & Ride to TCC Mile End.
Times: Afternoon Service Only - PM - 3.15pm to 4.15/4.20pm
Route: Starts at TCC Mile End direct to Sunrise Christian School Fullarton, then to Crafers Park & Ride and onto Mt Barker Anembo Park.
Special Notice regarding the Temple to Sunrise Fullarton Service
- Our afternoon Hills run will continue to be amalgamating with Sunrise Christian School (SCF) Fullarton Students.
- The bus route to SCS Fullarton will run each afternoon as per the Temple Christian College calendar and dismissal times.
- The bus departs from Temple at 3:15pm and makes one stop at SCS Fullarton.
- Parents are to ensure students are not left unsupervised at SCS Fullarton Campus for prolonged periods.
- Parents will need to be aware of and make appropriate arrangements where early dismissal occurs which does not coincide with SCS Fullarton Campus timetables (for example Swimming Carnival in Term 1 Week 1, Easter break Term 2 & End of Year Term.
Private School Bus Service & First Day of the New School Year
- The school bus service driver will have a list of passengers to be picked up and the stops where each student should be waiting.Please instruct your child as follows:
For morning pick up
- Students will need to be at the bus stop 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled pick-up time during the first week of the school year. This can be reduced to 5 minutes thereafter.
- Stand at the bus stop so the driver has clear vision on his approach.
- Students need to be ready as soon as the bus arrives as the bus cannot stand in a bus stop for a prolonged period.
For afternoon pick up - Students must be on the bus before 3:10pm
- The buses must leave at 3:15pm and cannot wait if students are late.
- The private school bus zone is on Henley Beach Road east of the student crossing.
- Items left on the bus should be reported to the SSO as soon as possible.
Due to its central location, students attending the Temple Christian College Mile End Campus have access to a number of public transport options. Bus, Train and Tram Timetables can be found via the Adelaide Metro website at www.adelaidemetro.com.au.