This Orientation page and information contained within has been developed to provide all students and families new to Temple Christian College with access to key information that will greatly assist with the transition into a new school.
Preparing for Life at Temple Christian College
On behalf of all the team at Temple Christian College we’d like to extend a warm welcome and trust that your experiences with the Temple Community will be richly blessed. We trust that you find this information of value and ask that you do not hesitate to reach out to us via the Reception office should you have any additional questions or concerns.
Orientation Day is a special event for new students entering Temple Christian College at the start of the 2024 school year for Year levels 7.
Our next Orientation Day for the Mile End Campus will be held at the school on Tuesday 31 October 2023 and will feature a program for sutdents along with a presentation and morning tea for parents/caregivers as per the details below:
For Students – Orientation Program
Duration - 9.00am to 2.00pm
- Open to all Year 7 students entering Temple Christian College in 2024.
- Recess and lunch will be provided to all students during the program.
- Students are expected to wear their current school’s sport uniform.
- Students will be greeted by staff and student leaders within the Student Learning Hub on the day to register their attendance, receive their name badge and be directed through to the commencement of the program.
For Parents/Caregivers – Welcome Information Session
Duration 9.00am to 10.30am
- Parents/Caregivers will enter with their children via the Front Office entrance located on James Congdon Drive.
- The children will then be directed into the Student Learning Hub, while the parents will proceed to the Recital room located in the Plaza area.
- The welcome session will provide an introduction for new families joining the Temple Christian College community in 2024 along with an opportunity for further connection over a complimentary morning tea.
A copy of the Orientation Day program and other supportive material as sent to families/students attending can be viewed below:
Orientation Day Support Material:
In addition to our Orientation Day program, we trust that all new students and families will gain valuable knowledge from the resources presented via the tabs below.
Completing the necessary forms
Prior to commencing a new school year at Temple Christian College, all new students will be issued with a New Student Enrolment Pack that will contain all of the necessary information and forms that need to be completed.
Families with student commencing Term 1 in 2024 will be issued with this information pack by early November 2023 and will be required to complete and return all forms to the school by the due date marked, so that preparations can be finalised.
Obtaining the Year Level Book requirements
This information pack will also contain access to the student’s Year level Book List (as issued by Campion).
It is important that all students obtain the necessary books as identified within this list prior to the commencement of the new school year either through Campion or other providers.
Obtaining the official School Uniform
All new students will be required to commence their new school year at Temple Christian College with the correct school uniform.
The New Student Enrolment Pack along with the Uniform Campus website page features extensive information along with the latest Uniform Price List and Uniform Shop trading days and times. Personal fitting appointments can be arranged with the School Uniform Shop Manager as per the contact details online.
Day 1 program for Monday 29 January 2024:
• Students should arrive at school by 8.25am in their official Temple Christian College Summer Uniform which includes traditional black, leather, lace-up school shoes
• The Blazer can be worn but is not required
• Students must ensure that they have their hat with them on the first day of school
• Students will enter via the main Reception Foyer, James Congdon Drive entrance, where they will be welcomed and further directed by Staff
• Students will attend a general Assembly before heading off to Care Group
• During the morning Care Group, House and Year Level meetings will occur
• School locker allocation will take place so that students can store their books and stationary items
• Students will only need a pen and notepad for the first day of school.
• The full range of books and stationery can be carried to school and secured within the students locker during the first week of school.
• Students will be issued with their Year Level Timetable and given a tour of the School to help familiarise them with the ‘lay-of-the-land’
• Student Services Staff will be on hand to assist with any questions and older students will act as buddies
• The fist school day will conclude at 3pm
Reporting Absences and or Late arrivals
Parents/guardians must advise the school via the Reporting Absences and or Late arrivals process as outlines within the Orientation Guide or on the Campus website if the student is going to be absent or late on the first day of Term 1, 2024.
For new students commencing during the school year
Students should arrive by 8:25 wearing their formal uniform (Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4 and Winter Uniform in Terms 2 & 3). They will be directed to the Student Services Office where they will be issued with their Lesson Timetable and issued a locker, and be helped to settle in by one of the SSO staff and Care Group Teacher.
Additional Online Resources
Available within the section below is a copy of the latest Parent Handbook and a video library that has been prepared by key leadership and teaching staff in relation to life at Temple Christian college.
Access to the password required for this section will be provided by the school Registrar either prior to our annual Orientation Day program (for Year 7 students) or prior to the commencement of school.
If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar on 8405 0900.